Matheran From My Phone : What I wore and Did




Nikita Gharat stylista , Matheran

Hola Beauties,
" To Travel is to take a JOURNEY into yourself "
YAY, it is this time of the year, finally the rain gods have blessed Mumbai and so I have decided to visit a nearby Hill station , Matheran. The promise of perfect monsoon weather, soft breezes, blooming valleys were some of the factors that drew me to Matheran in the first place.Since, hot summer days are offcially over lets talks about the wardrobe essentials for your outing in the  rainy season.

This year, I have decided not to play safe when it comes to fashion. I have decided to play with different elements as much as my heart desires. After spending some time , in the fashion industry , I have understood that perfection really never exists. I pay more attention to how I feel in the clothes that I wear rather than how my body looks. 

Coming back to my trip to Matheran, I took up a train to reach  Matheran from Neral station . It is the easiest way to go there otherwise you will have to walk . As no vehicles are allowed , so you either have to walk or ride a horse.

If you are thinking  about the trip to Matheran, here is all the information you need to know about the holiday, including where we stayed and ofcourse what I wore
Nikita Gharat stylista , Matheran


The resort where I stayed was hotel ashok matheran and royal hotel matheran. Out of which I would recommend the latter because it had better rooms, better food and service and was well connected. 


Other than that both hotels had a swimming pool which was beautiful. But Matheran is very expensive, a horse ride can cost you somewhere around 300 to 500 bucks.A coolie can cost you 500 bucks.

Now coming to what I wore, I decided to carry few clothes as I knew , Matheran involved a lot of walking. And I was right, the trolley bags were of no use considering the fact that it is a hily area. So, I decided to carry a bag pack, which is the best way to travel to a hilly area.

Since, it was a resort , I decided to carry a resort wear , hat , distressed jeans and tank top and my sunnies. 
Nikita Gharat stylista , Matheran

Nikita Gharat stylista , Matheran toy train


The places that I visited in Matheran are sunset point , Pisarnath temple, charlotte lake, cilia point etc.
cilia point, Matheran

Charlotte lake , Matheran

Charlotte Lake, Matheran

temple matheran

pisarnath temple matheran

Khandala point , Matheran


It is a nice place to visit especially during summer and rainy season just do not forget to bargain
Nikita Gharat stylista , Matheran

Nikita Gharat stylista , Matheran



Love

Nikita










Comments

  1. Matheran looks lovely. It was nice visiting the place with you, through your pictures.
    Noor Anand Chawla

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great hopping with u on ur post... Wonderful pics hope you had great time..

    ReplyDelete
  3. place look so beautiful and in lap of nature. my dear you look stunning in outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Matheran looks lovely in Monsoon and you have very beautifully captured it in your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The scenic beauty of Matheran captured well through your words and lens.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your outfits! Also the place looks great... I would love to visit someday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, stunning photos.

    I was about to visit Matheran but it got cancelled.

    Will make it next time.

    www.shaandaarjenie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank u, and do visit Matheran in this season and dont forget to bargain

      Delete
  8. Matheran seems like a good place to visit. Adding it to my bucket list. Thanks for your lovely article 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank u , do let me know if you want any info about matheran

      Delete
  9. Love your style and the clivks.. Lovely place and seems u had great fun

    ReplyDelete
  10. well penned down everything ... n nice pics too... awesome blog u have

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning Pics! I like your outfit design. Thank you for sharing this post. Couponkoz.in

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment